Go the Distance. Be the Difference. Volunteer!
Providing service support to our clients and residents, volunteers play a major role in the quality of life provided to individuals in our care. Over 1,200 volunteers of The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada contribute to assist us in providing care to over 5,000 residents and clients.
In addition to personally rewarding and important volunteer tasks, we provide volunteers with orientation, training and support, and further educational opportunities.
- Give back and make a difference in people’s lives and your community;
- Gain education/work experience;
- Develop new skills;
- Experience personal growth and development; and
- Become a Good Samaritan.
- A desire to support residents and staff in your community.
- Complete an application form.
- Attend an initial interview with a Volunteer Services Staff.
- The completion of a Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- Provide references who can speak to your interest and ability.
- Complete a Tuberculosis (TB) History Screen form.
- Attend a volunteer orientation session.
- Sign an annual Volunteer Code of Conduct form and Privacy and Confidentiality form.
- Commit to a minimum of 25 hours of volunteer services.
Pet Therapy Volunteer Requirements
- Complete our volunteer application process.
- Certification through an established Pet Therapy Program.
- Up-to-date vaccinations and well-groomed (pet).
- Interest in elderly/disabled people, is reliable, friendly and mature (human and pet).
Interested in applying?
- You can find a copy of our volunteer application by clicking on the image below:
- Please mail you completed application to:
Good Samaritan – Mission and Culture
8861-75 St Edmonton, AB T6C 4G8
- Or, email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.