Go the Distance. Be the Difference. Volunteer!
Providing service support to our clients and residents, volunteers play a major role in the quality of life provided to individuals in our care. Over 2,300 volunteers of The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada contribute to assist us in providing care to over 7,000 residents and clients.
In addition to personally rewarding and important volunteer tasks, we provide volunteers with orientation, training and support, and further educational opportunities.
- To gain education/work experience
- Give back and make a difference in people’s lives and your community
- To develop new skills
- Experience personal growth and development
- Become a good Samaritan
- Over 12 years of age to volunteer independently – children under 12 years of age can volunteer when accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Complete an application form
- Attend an initial interview with a Volunteer Coordinator
- The completion of a Police Information Check is required
- Provide two references that are not from family members
- Complete a Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment form
- Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Commit to a minimum of 25 hours of volunteer services
Pet Therapy Volunteer Requirements
- Assessment and training through our Pet Therapy Program
- Security clearance and TB screening (human)
- Up-to-date vaccinations and well-groomed (pet)
- Interest in elderly/disabled people, is reliable, friendly and mature (human and pet)