Marlene Raasok BSPhm, M.HSA
The Good Samaritan Society / Good Samaritan Canada is pleased to announce that Marlene Raasok has been elected Board Chairperson, effective September 14, 2023. Before her election, Marlene was Vice-Chairperson and Chair of the Mission and Quality Committee.
Marlene is a visionary leader with strategic planning and execution expertise and strong engagement, conceptual, analytical, and communication skills. She is a recognized leader (volunteer) in Alberta for transforming systems and services toward Alberta’s vision of healthy aging and quality of life for older Albertans.
Marlene has experience in continuing care and post-secondary education operations, with a track record of improving operational outcomes and financial sustainability. She has a lifelong passion (personally and professionally) for enhancing the quality of life for older persons based on her experience as a family caregiver.
- Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging (RIA), Senior Advisor, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Collaboration (volunteer) – July 2016 to July 2021
- Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Executive Dean, School of Health and Life Sciences in Community Services – October 2016 to June 2016
- SAIT Polytechnic, Dean, Health and Public Safety – March 2000 to September 2006
- Calgary Health Region, Chief Operating Officer, Community Health Resources – August 1995 to October 1999; Senior Regional Officer, Integrated Service Planning – October 1999 to March 2000
- Other: Continuing Care Operations: Carewest, Senior Operating Officer/Vice President, Operations – May 1988 to July 1995; Extendicare Regional Director 1981-1986; Department of Hospitals and Medical Care: Planner, 1979-1981
- The Good Samaritan Society Board of Directors – September 2020 to present: Vice-Chairperson (2022/23) and Chair of the Mission and Quality Committee – 2021/22, 2022/23; Member Strategic Planning & 75th Anniversary Committees
- Alberta Association on Gerontology – July 2020 to present. Vice Chair and Project Manager, Futures Policy Forum, a 2-year transformation initiative advancing cross-sector learning, collaboration & strategic change in the province
- Volunteer Airdrie – October 2016 to present (volunteer driver, community resource)
- Accreditor: Canadian Medical Association – Allied Health Programs – 2001 to 2006 – CoARTE-Respiratory Therapy Programs – 2005 to 2016