July is just around the corner, so we’re gearing up for our fourth annual Run, Walk, & Roll! RWR is an excellent opportunity for Good Samaritan residents, clients, and individuals, as well as families, employees, and volunteers to get out into the community to raise awareness and help raise some funds through fun events between July 1st and July 31st.
This year’s theme is “Show Off Your Shoes” – we want you to “Put Your Best Foot Forward” and show off your fanciest footwear (or wheels) to our communities. In addition to a prize for the top fundraisers, there will be prizes for the best shoes in any local Run, Walk, & Roll events. Now’s the time to bust out your cowboy boots, high heels, or other footwear to make a statement in your community!
Not sure about running, walking, or rolling? No problem! Care homes can create their own activities to participate in this year’s event, such as:
- Dance parties (with fancy footwear, of course!)
- Shoe Scramble – a handful pair of shoes are placed on a table, and the resident has to pair all the shoes as quickly as possible (potential twist – one team is missing one shoe)
- Shoe Fashion Show – break out the blingiest shoes and have the residents and employees model them.
- Shoebox of photos/memories – inviting residents and staff to add a photo or small item to a shoe box so that the care home can ‘showcase favourite memories
- Arranging for pedicures or foot massages for residents
- And more! Any activity that lets Good Samaritans “Show Off Their Shoes” is welcome.
Share your event online and help spread the word! Share photos and videos from your event content on social media using the hashtags #RunWalkRoll, #GoodSam, and #ShoeUsYourShoes. Your post must include a photo to be eligible for the fancy shoe prizes.
Thank you for participating in this year’s Run, Walk, & Roll. We’re excited to put our best foot forward and raise awareness for our work and the people we serve. And don’t forget to “Show Off Your Shoes!”
For additional questions, please call 780-431-3757 or email email@example.com